Saturday, May 22, 2004

one of my pet peeves is stupid service-people (ss-p) who say blindingly stupid things, apparently in the misguided notion that you are as stupid as they are.

real-life example 1:
me: i'd like an iced mocha please.
ss-p: err, you mean an ice blended mocha, or the one with ice in it?

1. i used the exact term which their menu uses to order my drink. ( iced mocha as opposed to mocha ice blended or whatever it was )

2. both an iced mocha, and an ice blended mocha have ice in them - so what are you trying to ask?

give the ss-p a stupid shirt!



real-life example 2:
me: can i have a macchiato please. take away.
ss-p: uhm, its actually just a little bit of coffee with foam on top...

1. and your point would be?

2. i ordered it - and not even by pointing at their menu and going, "that one"; i should damn well know what it is, innit?

3. what, the fact that i'm forking out the gdp of mongolia in exchange for a tiny bit of coffee and foamed milk doesn't justify giving me a paper cup to take it away in, is that what you mean?

give the ss-p a stupid shirt!


somehow i get the feeling that i'm cantankerous beyond my years.
well then get off my lawn, you damn kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home